4th of July festivities will take place on Saturday July 1st.
- Pancake Breakfast will take place at the KLSC Clubhouse. Pancakes, sausage, milk, juice, & coffee.
- Time – 8:00 am – 11:00 am.
- Cost – Adults – $7/Children 6-12 – $3/Children under 6 – free.
- Knife Lake Boat Parade.
- You may decorate your boat or pontoon in any manner you desire, however, only boats with a patriotic theme will be judged.
- Meeting Place – Highway 65 rest area at 12:30 pm to get your number.
- All boats must display an assigned number.
- The parade starts at 1:00 pm.
- Only boats completing the entire parade route will be judged.
- This year’s parade will be going around the lake counterclockwise.
- 1st Place $200 & Plaque
- 2nd Place $150 & Plaque
- 3rd Place $75 & Plaque
- 4th Place $50 & Plaque
- Consolation Plaque
- In case of rain, the parade will be moved to 3:00 pm.
- Light up the lake, by purchasing flares.
- Light the flares at approximately 9:45 pm.
- The fireworks show to start approximately 10:00pm.
Fishing Contest sponsored by The Crow’s Nest & Knife Lake Sportsmen’s Club.
KLSC/The Crow’s Nest 5 Species Team Fishing Contest
Contest Date: 6/24/23
This is a 2 person TEAM fishing contest.
$50 per team. 1-Legal Northern, 1-Legal Walleye, 1-LM Bass, 1-Crappie, 1-Sunfish. Weigh in @ 3pm at HYW 65 launch, results of contest after weigh-in will be announced at The Crow’s Nest. 1st place $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100, Largest Legal Northern $50. Prizes will be determined by total weight of the 5 fish caught. If 5 fish are not caught, the winner will be determined by total weight the remaining fish caught. Rules to be posted at registration.
Registration Time: 7:30am – 8:30am.
The contest will run from 8:30am to 3:00pm with a shotgun start
Location: Mora, Knife Lake, HWY 65 Launch
Knife Lake Sportsmen’s Club
The Crow’s Nest Resort
Spring Crappie Contest 2023
Contest Information and rules
- Date: Saturday May 6th
- Fee – $25 per person
- Registration starts at 7:30am, HWY 65 public access.
- Fishing will go from 8:30am to 12pm.
- Fish – Crappies up to a limit of 10 per person can be weighed.
- Only the weight is counted unless there is a tie then lengths will be measured as a deciding factor.
- The fish must all be alive and caught on Knife Lake during the contest.
- 1st place -$250.00
- 2nd place – $150.00
- 3rd place – $100.00
- Largest fish – $50.00
We will have raffle prizes, so be prepared to take part if you would like.
It’s recommended during all of our fishing contest that “Catch and Release” is followed. If you have more than one person fishing on your boat, then it’s recommended using a bucket as a live well to separate your fish.